How to upgrade VitalSigns BLE firmware with VitalSigns-GEAR
In the previous post, we demonstrate how to use VitalSigns-CARDIO to upgrade the VitalSigns Blood Pressure Wristband firmware. In this post, we will show you how to use VitalSigns-GEAR to upgrade the VitalSigns BLE firmware.
The difference between VitalSigns-CARDIO and VitalSigns-GEAR is VitalSigns-CARDIO is designed to upgrade the firmware of VitalSigns Blood Pressure Wristband only, and VitalSigns-GEAR has options to upgrade firmware of all VitalSigns products. In other words, if you want to upgrade the firmware of VitalSigns Blood Pressure Wristband, you can use both VitalSigns-CARDIO and VitalSigns-GEAR. But, we suggest to use VitalSigns-CARDIO because it is much easier to use than VitalSigns-GEAR. For others, you have to use VitalSigns-GEAR only.
You have to take 5 steps to upgrade the firmware.
- Establish the BLE connection with the target device.
- Open the OTA dialog by clicking “Firmware Upgrade” in the menu.
- Select the proper target. In app version 122, there are two targets available, CARDIO and HOLTER, where CARDIO means VitalSigns Blood Pressure Wristband, and HOLTER means VitalSigns Holter.
- Click “UPGRADE” button to start the procedure.
- Select the “NSL_DFU” device in the pop-out list and wait.
Be notice, you have to select the correct target at step 3, or your device might not work properly.
Following video demonstrates how to upgrade a VitalSigns-Holter from version 92 to 94 with VitalSigns-GEAR.